Friday, January 6, 2017

The Glass Mountains and Mount Ngungun

The hiking trail.
The summit.
 The pinnacle of Mount Coonawrin.
Mount Beerwah.

Mount Ngungun and the summit I hiked to.

Friday January 6th
I got up and said goodbye to Valerie. I missed Phil as he left for work early, 18000 and counting...

After Val left for work I finished packing up the car, locked up her place and left. I decided to drive to the 'hinterland' and take the Glass Mountain tourist drive. This was yet another beautiful ride through the Australian countryside. I arrived at the Mount Ngungun parking lot and decided to take the hike that Valerie recommended. It was not long, only 2 km but it was uphill the whole way. As I walked up through the lush vegetation it started to drizzle. When I got to top I found I was on the summit of yet another mountain. It was raining pretty hard by now but, it actually felt really nice and I could see that the clouds were going to drift over. So I admired the view in the clouds and waited for it to clear so I could get some good photos. Then I walked back down to the car. On the way back I stopped at the Glass Mountains lookout where you could see the whole range. That's where I took the photo of Mount Ngungun in the distance.

Then I drove to Brisbane and the Honda dealership to check the status of the car sale. I had e-mailed Liam my passport photo but had not heard back from him about the title search he was supposed to do so, I wanted to check that there was no problem that was going to hold me up tomorrow. He assured me that all was well.

So I continued on to find the Comfort Inn I had booked for my last night in Australia. I checked in and then went out to find some dinner. When I returned I spent the rest of the night organizing my bags so that I would have what I needed on the plane and so that my warm clothing would be available for the flight. Then I went to bed for the last time in Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment