Tuesday, December 27, 2016

The Sapphire Coast

Views of the Sapphire Coast.

A community made swimming pool of salt water.
The fishing village of Bermagui.


The view from Sublime Point.

Tuesday, December 27th
The weather today was cool and mostly overcast, so the waters of the Sapphire Coast didn't have their blue colour and were more grey. Nevertheless, the drive was nice as I explored the coastline and visited a couple of small towns, including Bermagui where I had lunch.

It was mostly a driving day as I tried to make time. It is really amazing how big this country is and how long it takes to get places. I wanted to get close to Sydney so I kept going. I really didn't have any interest in going into the city, but I wanted to visit the Blue Mountains which are just to the west. As I approached the sprawling metropolis I stayed inland and climbed the mountains that pin the city to the shore. From the viewpoint of Sublime Point I got an excellent panoramic view of the city below. I continued on until I found a small motel in the west suburbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment