Sunday, December 18, 2016

Goodbye to Friends

 Why are these people on the beach? See the boat coming?
Guess who... Only in Australia!
Goodbye lunch hosted by Carol and Bev for our ITA friends.
 Chinatown.

Sunday, December 18th
Today Carol and Bev were hosting a goodbye lunch party for all of our ITA friends at a Chinese restaurant that belongs to Carol's exchange partner's parents.

I took my time driving there along the Beach Road on this beautiful sunny day. I stopped at a couple of places to see the various beaches and at one of them I saw a large group of people on the sand. I was wondering why they were gathered there when I notice two boats coming towards the shore, and lo and behold in one of them was Santa himself! Obviously a Christmas party for one of the beach clubs.

The restaurant was right across the road from the venue where I had seen Steven Wilson and James. We had a great meal with lots of wine and beer as we chatted and exchanged stories with our friends. It was great to See Jim and Barry again. I met them at the original orientation, along with Steve, back in January. We stayed for about three hours.

When we split up I went for a walk through Chinatown. It was smaller than the one in Toronto. Then I drove home via the Beach Road again and continued to clean. On the way I noticed a police check up ahead. They were pulling people over for on the spot breathalyzers. I had had two beer and wasn't too worried but still... I watched as they flagged in six cars in front of me and then waved me through! Believe it or not this happened to me twice on the drive home in two different locations

Two more days of school and then all done!

No comments:

Post a Comment