Sunday, December 11, 2016

Foster and the Drive Home

 The restaurant in the Comfort Inn where I had breakfast both days.
 A couple of old style houses in Foster.
 The Foster Hotel.
A green Christmas... not quite the same.
Sunday December 11th
I got up and enjoyed a big continental breakfast at the hotel before deciding to check out the Foster Craft Market. It was at the local cricket/footie field and all the tents were around the oval. They had jewelry, wood workings, cards, clothing, food, plants and flowers, and other stuff. I bought nothing but, it was fun to look around and watch people as a lot of them knew each other.
Then I started to drive back to Melbourne via Fish Creek. This is another small town with a wide street and lots of little shops and stores. Then I continued to drive home because I thought I'd go to the harbour and see if I could find the tall ship I had a ticket for and see if they had a no show or a cancellation. But, it took longer to get back than the GPS said because of traffic and then I got lost again around the harbour. This place is incredibly confusing to drive in and trying to negotiate the roads while watching a GPS is very difficult. I got frustrated and knew I had missed the sailing so, I left.
I went to MSAC and had a swim (I had to swim indoors as there was a large swimming meet going on in the outside pool with hundreds of spectators). I drove home to do my grocery shopping for my last week's salad. I went home and chopped it up and headed off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment