Sunday, December 25, 2016

Christmas

Getting organized
My official footie ball goodbye from Joel.
The southern end of 90 Mile Beach outside Sale.
A huge beach with no one around.

The wreck of the Trincula that sank on this treacherous shore in 1872.

Saturday, December 24th
I spent most of today sorting and organizing my things. I had accumulated a lot of paper, school stuff and maps that needed to be culled. I had called the Bicycle Superstore about packing my bike to take it home. Unfortunately they were too busy but recommended another shop for me. So I took it there a few days ago and picked it up today. Then I had to wash and organized my clothing. Not a very interesting day.

Sunday, December 25th
Christmas morning. It sure doesn't seem like Christmas here, no family, no gifts, no turkey and strangest of all, it is hot and green!

I spent the morning finalizing my luggage and getting the bike box and the suitcases in the CRV. Then I set out. I had been waffling between driving the main highway to Canberra or taking the coastal route to Sale. Most people thought the coastal route would be more interesting. Then I remembered that there was a beautiful beach just outside Sale. I made that my destination for the day.

When I arrived I found that there was no accommodation in the area, it is mostly a camping area or rental cottages.. So I drove to the beach and had a wade in the water and sat on the beach for an hour before driving back into town and then further along. I found a really nice little motel right off the highway and settled in for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment