Friday, December 30, 2016

Byron Bay

The fishing boats in Coff's Harbour.
The beach in Byron Bay.


Great reflection.

Friday December 30th
In the morning I wandered around the campground looking at the trailers and tents. I found the river, photographed some rainbow lorikeets and watched some people fishing. Then I decided to get a move on as I still had a ways to go.

I drove for a few hours before I reached Coff's Harbour, but the traffic on the highway and through the town was getting very heavy. Although I found the fishing harbour, I couldn't find the beach area. Then when I checked the internet for accommodation I found out the town was fully booked so I decided to continue on to Byron Bay.

This was a nice touristy town with a beautiful beach. I found a place to park and was hanging out on the beach when I noticed a vacancy sign right across from the main beach. I knew the town was fully booked so I was surprised and went check it out. Sure enough they had the owner's suite available. I decided to take it despite the price because of the location and the fact that I had had enough of driving. So I checked in and spent the rest of the day on the beach playing in the waves and walking the beach. Beautiful day and a great way to unwind.

When it got dark I went wandering around the very touristy downtown area checking out the shops bars and restaurants. There were people everywhere. There were buskers on the street and lots of activity. I had dinner and a drink and then headed back to my pad.

No comments:

Post a Comment