Sunday, August 7, 2016

The Banks of the Yarra






Sunday August 7th
I woke up today to bright sunshine and decided to go for a bike ride. I took the bike on the train to Jolimont station and went riding from there. That is where all the Melbourne sports stadiums are. I rode around the MCG, where I watched the match yesterday and the Australian Tennis Centre where there is the Rod Laver Arena and Hisense Arena, both of Australian Open Tennis Tournament and the AAMI Park stadium where they play both rugby and soccer.

I found my way to the Yarra River and rode along the South bank as far as I could go. It was a beautiful warm sunny day and I found a cafe and sat by the river and had a hot chocolate before retracing the route until I got to a bridge to cross the river. There is a very vibrant community of shops cafes bars and restaurants along both sides of the river and because of the weather there were a lot of people out and about. I imagine it would be very crowded in the summer. It was not a very challenging ride and I couldn't go very fast as I had to work my way around the pedestrians, however it was nice to be out and riding around. The warmth of the sun was also a welcome reminder that spring is just around the corner. I rode on the North Bank back to Flinders Station where I took the train to Chelsea and arrived just as it was getting dark and much cooler.

In the evening I went grocery shopping and prepared my salad.

1 comment: