Sunday, July 24, 2016

Getting Things Done

 Where we saw the match last night.
 Bev and Carol's funky Air B&B.
On the walk back to their B&B.
The Aquanation Swimming Complex.

A beautiful rainbow lorikeet in a tree by the school yard. 

Saturday, July 23 to Sunday July 24th.
Another quiet weekend as the weather is quite cool, with highs in single digits and rain off an on. So I decided to stay in town and relax for a bit. I had a few errands to run so I bought myself some white board erasers and cleaning fluid for school, got a new Woolworth's discount card as I have misplaced my other one, did groceries, laundry and fun stuff like that.

I decided to go swimming again, so on Sunday I went back to the Aquanation Pool and swam twenty lengths of the 50 metre pool. This time I was able to swim the whole thing without stopping. I also went grocery shopping and bought the ingredients for chili and for the first time I cooked a big pot of chili which will last me a few weeks. I spent the evenings reading a book that one of my students brought in for me. It's a book of explorers, from Magellan and Cook who were the first to circumnavigate the world (and both died during their journeys, killed by natives), the race to the south pole by Admunsen and Scott, the incredible exploits of Shackelton and his misadventures in Antarctica, up to the first men on the moon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment