Monday, July 6, 2015

Orientation






Saturday, July 4th.

Back to Father and Sons again before another long day of workshops and information sessions. Late in the afternoon representatives of all our participating countries came to talk to us. Jennifer Jones`s husband Eric came with their young son Kofi and another friend, Benjamin. We had a great talk, lots of laughs and shared a dinner with them. When I got back I decided to run the canal. I ran to Carleton University, across the canal and then back on the other side around the bay and back to the residences; 15K and I was exhausted. That was the farthest I have run all year and the first time I ran since the Toronto Run in early May. Back to the rooms for bed.


Sunday, July 5th.

Father and Son's for the last time. Shorter morning sessions with Cassie from last year coming (she is now the secretary general of CTF) to talk to us as well. We ended with a positive pep-talk from Alex. Then we had a steak bbq. Back on the bus for the last time. The Uganda teams left for the airport immediately as they are the first to leave for country. I did some packing and organizing and actually fell asleep for a bit. Later I had a short meeting with Lyle about the finances, where he alleviated a little of my stress.


No comments:

Post a Comment