Thursday, July 30, 2015

Last Day Of Workshops






Thursday, July 30th.

Last day of classes. We arrived at the college by 8:30 and while Pascale, Vanda and Obed went to the class to finish their workshops, I went to the resource centre to sign certificates for all the participants. Thomas Musah showed up in the classroom and told the team that he had to change things around as Jacob Andersen did not get to do his workshop yesterday as he was ill. So Obed and Pascale rushed to finish their stuff. Then they raffled off the last of our supplies and a few personal items. I gave them the erasers that Sonya had provided and the two GNAT books Abu and Musa. I sat with Thomas and worked some more on the team report for his section. Then he wanted it on his computer, so I gave him his section and he said he would get it to me later. I asked about the potential of running another HIV night to clarify the misconceptions of the other guy, he said he would ask Baafi. It was the last day of school for the students at the school on campus today. After lunch Diane and I went to the hotel to get our financial stuff and then returned and worked on that. It took a while to figure out but it looks like she is not missing money and I'm not as up as I thought I was. It is a pain to keep track of. Vanda did her two hour workshop on mentoring with John's headmaster class. That went really well and the participants seemed very interested. Back to the hotel with the co-tutors and Eric for dinner. After that Diane and I paid our hotel bills. It was only 8pm and too early for bed so Diane asked if I wanted to sit outside and have a beer. So we sat by the outside bar and talked about the project, the teams, travel and Australia. Off to bed by ten. We have been very lucky here, the temperature is much more moderate, high 20's and very comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment