Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Canada Night!







Wednesday, July 15th. (continued)

Back to the Polytechnic for lunch. This time they feed us trays of food so we could help ourselves instead of full plates that we didn't want and that created a lot of waste. Then my group headed back to the hotel for a break and to organize for Canada night, while Diane's group finished teaching. We had dinner and then headed back early to decorate the hall. In the van Eric was playing a Phil Collins CD and when got to the hall Ernest was playing an Alan Jackson song, oh joy oh bliss! We put up Canada flags and other streamers. I wore my Canada tie, eyeglasses and flags on my head. I was the MC and we all showed a few slides of our lives and area of the country. Brenda taught them a little song about a lighthouse keeper. I talked about the ice storm (because they have power outages here regularly) and Terry Fox (because he is a great example of a handicapped person accomplishing something amazing). Then we did the moves across Canada activity and the chicken dance which they loved as usual. It was another fun night with food, drink, music and dance. I wandered around and surveyed the crowd about our presentations because I thought that maybe they were too long, but they said they really found them interesting. Back to the hotel for a well-deserved rest. What a great day. Thomas Musah left today to fly to Accra to interview for Thomas Baafi's job.

No comments:

Post a Comment