Monday, July 27, 2015

Berekum College Of Education






Monday, July 27th.

Eric picked us up at 8:10 after our breakfast of oats. (We also ordered dinner for tonight to speed up the ordering process). We arrived at the Berekum College of Education a few minutes later and went to the assembly hall where we met the GNAT exec and waited for the opening ceremonies to begin. This one was mercifully shorter, after which we were led to our new home room for the week. Thomas Musah spoke to the class about the reasons for the course before turning it over to us. We introduced ourselves and then I took them outside for the ice breaker where each person tosses a ball to someone else calling their name. After everyone gets the chance we start again and then add a second and third ball. The participants are not used to this type of activity and some had trouble with the instructions. We had them discuss their expectations and what they need to do to get ready for the first day and week of school. I explained to them my time capsule idea and later led them through the four triangle geometric shape activity. One of the participants brought her daughter to the workshops as she has no one to take care of her. Her name is Gifty and she is the sweetest little girl I have ever met. She loves all of us 'obronis'. We left and went back to the hotel, dropped off the teams before Diane and I went to buy some water and fruit (bananas, mangoes, pineapple and oranges). Our dinner was ready shortly after 6:30 which was much quicker than ever before. After dinner Diane and I worked on our financial report. I can't figure out CTF's spreadsheet so I am creating my own. Dianne seems to be short about 600 cedis and I am about 1000 up... more work required obviously, tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment