Sunday, June 26, 2011

Indochina Day 29, Bangkok to Hong Kong







Saturday June 25th

Woke up feeling a little groggy this morning. I ate and then went to the cafe for the wi-fi. Then back to the hotel to shower, and pack. Down to the lobby to get a taxi to the airport. The drive was good, not much traffic and I arrived with plenty of time to check in, only to find out my flight with Kenyan Airlines had been cancelled. They arranged to have five of us transferred to a Thai Airlines flight at four. That was frustrating because I had arranged to meet my friend Nicholas in Hong Kong at my hotel by eight and now I'd be about two hours later. Luckily I was able to e-mail him from an airport computer and we've put it off until Sunday. Then I spent four hours hanging around the airport and having lunch on a voucher that Kenyan gave me. I am currently on the plane and about a half hour out of Hong Kong. Other than that, nothing too exciting.

I arrived in Hong Kong at about 8pm and saw a bit of the skyline while we circled to land. Interesting and very efficient airport. When you get off the plane you walk down a long hallway to a train that takes you for a five minute ride to customs and baggage claim. The train is very modern and has the glassed wall that stops people from jumping or being pushed in front of the train. After customs and getting my bag I bought a ticket for another modern train that goes into the city. I went two stops, which took about twenty minutes, so it is a long way. Then a short taxi ride to the hotel.

I checked in and got a cable to connect the computer to their broadband network. Then I did some computer work and headed to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment