Saturday, May 14, 2011

Thailand Day 9 A Day On The Beach







Saturday May 14th



This morning I did a couple of things I needed to take care of, laundry (at a shop in town that I found last night) and getting my computer hooked up to the wi-fi in my room with the help of their techie. Then I had a really good buffet breakfast here at the hotel.




At ten I caught the hotel shuttle to the local beach, which is called Kata Beach. I spent most of the day there, sunning, swimming, and people watching. The sand on the beach is perfect, very fine and clean and the water is a perfect temperature. The only down side is there is a fair amount of plastic stuff floating about. Whether it's from here or coming from elsewhere I'm not sure, but it seems to be one of the major problems in the world.




I headed back to the hotel at three to book an excursion for tomorrow and to have a swim in the hotel pool. There is a terrific pool here, large and clean, but they also have a swimming lane that is Olympic length. I swam a few lengths of that before taking the shuttle back to the beach to just hang out and enjoy the atmosphere there. I finished reading a Grisham novel and then had dinner at one of the outdoor restaurant at the end of the beach. I had a seafood curry with peanuts, with rice and a beer. It was excellent. Then because I thought I deserved it, I decided to have dessert. I ordered fresh fruit and ice cream. I got a whole banana, half a pineapple, half a papaya, and a bunch of watermelon and one scoop of ice cream! Way too much, I couldn't finish it. Then I walked back to the hotel along the beach in the dark, listening to the waves crashing on the shore and then through the town, picking up my laundry on the way. The end of a good relaxing day, on a hot sunny beach in paradise.






























3 comments:

  1. What a perfect day! Except for the floating plastic and not being able to
    finish your dessert, a perfect day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a beach here as well , and it too has plastic floating in it
    when I was there the other day , it was not warm and sunny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunningly beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing the photos! Karyn WS

    ReplyDelete