Sunday, May 8, 2011

Thailand Day 2 Getting Organized









Saturday May 7th

This morning I spent some time talking to people back home, as it was raining outside. When it finally stopped I went to the travel service the hotel recommended. There I met Wii and talked to her about the visas I want to get. They are going to get me a visa for Vietnam and one for China (Cambodia and Laos I can get at the borders). I had to leave my passport there, and won't get it back until the 12th. So I headed back to the hotel and did some researching and planning on what I want to do with the time I have here until the 28th when I met up with my next tour.

When I had a few ideas, I went back to the agent and booked four different day long tours in and around Bangkok, and booked some flights to southern Thailand and Bali! Myanmar is not going to happen unfortunately as there are no easy flights from here to there. So, I'm set and planned.

Then I took the skytrain (a 'subway' that rides above a main road) to a mall nearby to pick up a Apple cable I need to connect my iPod to my computer. It was a very modern and expensive looking mall. I also bought another memory card for my camera. Then back to the hotel for a swim on the roof, where I met an American, named Rick, from New York who is also on a world tour and headed to Bali tomorrow. We chatted for a bit and then I headed to the hotel restaurant for another good Thai dinner before heading to the room for an early night in preparation for tomorrow's tour.

I didn't take any pictures today, not one! So, the five pictures I posted are from the first half of the tour on day 3. I know some of you are only in it for the pictures!

The pictures are from:

1. Wat Phukhao Thong (Wat means temple)
2. The Reclining Buddha at Wat Lokayashutha
3. Wat Maha That
4. A very large Buddha inside a restored building at Ayutthaya Palace, which was located in the 
original capital city of Siam – present day Thailand
5. some of the temple structures at the Ayutthaya Palace

No comments:

Post a Comment